Monday, March 9, 2015

#24 - The Others

Good, But....

Here we have artists who I enjoy, but who fall outside my circle of self-identification (often due to their love of the flamboyant), and, for one reason or another don't quite make it onto the list

Blondie -- Catchy, fun

Leon Russell -- "Queen of the Roller Derby" and "Roll Away The Stone" were two Russell classics I just loved in my teens.

Sam Cooke -- A big talent


David Bowie -- I'm afraid I'm not much for the glitter and glam in music

James Brown -- Unquestionably, was a musical master

Creedence Clearwater Revival -- Certainly influential: a radical mix of folk and hard rock on AM radio was awesome at the time

Red Hot Chili Peppers  -- Only fail to place because by the time they arrive, there're just so many excellent artists, that stand-outs are simply fewer and further between

The Who -- In junior high a friend showed me the album cover for "The Who Sell Out" and I remember laughing long and hard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment